The Experience to Achieve Results.
Former Judges And Former Prosecutors Fighting For You. We Get Results.
Contact Our Firm >
Marcia Kaye Stewart is licensed to practice law in North Carolina in both federal and state courts. She was admitted to practice in North Carolina in 1995, after receiving her bachelor's degree in Public Administration in 1991 from James Madison College at Michigan State University and her J.D. degree from Campbell University in 1995. She has also served in the U.S. Army Judge Advocate General Corps, retiring at the rank of Captain.
Ms. Stewart primarily practices Family Law. In 2000, she was elected as the youngest and one of the first females to serve as a District Court Judge in the 11th Judicial District which encompasses Johnston, Harnett and Lee counties, serving until January 2006 when she returned to private practice.
While a judge, Ms. Stewart served most of her time in domestic court. As an attorney, she has tried/heard cases involving a wide range of topics including difficult child custody issues, multimillion dollar alimony/spousal support matters, equitable distribution child support, juvenile matters and separation/ante nuptial agreements.
Ms. Stewart has served as secretary of the Johnston County Bar Association and has served on the committee to rewrite the local rules of practice for equitable distribution in the 11th Judicial District.
Ms. Stewart concentrates her practice in the 11th Judicial District, primarily in Johnston and Harnett counties where she was well known as a tough but fair judge while on the bench and now enjoys an excellent reputation as a formidable advocate for her clients as a trial attorney.
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law
- Child Custody
- Multimillion Dollar Alimony/Spousal Support
- Equitable Distribution Child Support
- Separation/Ante Nuptial Agreements
- North Carolina, 1995
- Campbell University Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law, Buies Creek, North Carolina
- J.D. - 1995
- James Madison College at Michigan State University
- Major: Public Administration
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Johnston County Bar Association, Secretary
Past Employment Positions
- State of North Carolina Superior Court, 11B District, Judge
- U.S. Army Judge Advocate General Corps, Captain
- 11th Judicial District (Johnston, Harnett and Lee counties), District Court Judge, 2006